IF POOR RICHARD HAD A BLOG
by Bobby Ocean
[first posted on Obtuse Angles just a few days ago)
The fastest way to accomplishing any goal is to first realize that aim inside. Once you take the time to know your idea's design well, your deeper, intuitive, creative mental facilities have a blueprint with which to undulge in Mysterious Ways.
That's a nice little piece of knowledge there. Just those words alone at the begining of a project can eliminate a lot of mis-steps, save a huge chunk of money.
As we all travel along through Life, many Common Sensical Sayings cross our attention span to remind us our priorities, pass along valuable insights, help us more surely achieve our goals. When it so happens that certain adages continue to apply, decade after decade, we know we have a Truism, what I call a Universal. Universals cross almost all barriers, work as currency Here as well as Over There, as Down Yonder, everywhere.
UNIVERSALS, A HYPER DRIVE STARTER SET:
There are some real gems in this marble bag:
ON LOOKING FORWARD
• Looking Forward means ALWAYS looking forward, into infinity, where anything can happen and the One Looking had better always be ready. There's only one way to always be ready and that is to Look Forward, Expecting Anything. This leaves no time for looking back or measuring sideways.
TWO POWERFUL FORCES
• Circumstances never turn out the way that you expected. Also, they continue turning. Because you know these Two Invaluable Insights they may act on your behalf. These are powerful forces you got going for you here.
THINK POSITIVE, ATTRACT POSITIVE •
Take care of yourself and maintain a sense of humor. If you are not well, don't come to work and infect the staff, stay in bed and recuperate at least until it's worked its way through your throat. If you have a bad cough go to the theater.
EACH TURN PRECARIUS
• The experience of yearning for that which is "out there" springs from one large false notion we call Desire. The choice to covet bears a Terrible Price. It leaves a Blind Spot. Similarly, one is frustrated with fighting such negative influences toward longing; go against them and you not only spend energy, you surrender the sum of it to the very thing you resist. Choose carefully.
• It is not supposed to be comfortable taking the time with eager business partners to define how you will share expenses or the division of labor until the terms have been agreed to afterward.
BE STILL = RESIST NOT
• Concerning negative thoughts and emotions: just be completely aware of them. For Each One, Bring Into Your Acceptance.
-The current frame in which these impolses exist,
-The feelings experienced,
-The connections beneath the surface,
-Your opinions, feelings, views of the entire picture,
-Everything, and purely witnessing, just really be there.
• Bringing your completely non-judgmental understanding to each negative thought thread, past failure or unhappiness only seems difficult; it's not. those ghosts are not even here. Only the chemicals you call emotion and the images you call thoughts are here, at your beckoning. You can bear it. Bear witness.
• Novice executive samaraii and very green disciples who are seen getting rid of personal belongings, are not only practicing a protocol of non-attachment, but are also dis-attaching from poor grammer, such is redundant language. How, for example, can a belonging be other than personal?
• Being more concerned with how the other sees you than with the other, is a typical example of how and why the magicians' tool, Misdirection, works, this time as always with Thought being the Deceiver and the One Concerned, the Deluded.
• A mind filled with fear is the melting pot of failure, a devout mind the portal to unlimited success.
• Dashed expectations may be only the surge or crest of the wave whose ocean of possibilities is still in motion.
• A disappointing income appies to the future, a disappointing outcome to the past. Neither addresses the present moment.
• Humor travels a twisted way to here, but usually brings a friend and makes more.
• It's hard to go against cravings that seem to come from the heart. If it helps, they don't come from it but at it, attacking. Resist not. Instead, watch the watcher.
• Pay less dues; pay more attention.
• Cease desires,
Still the heart,
Regain your sight,
• Often you can recognize your true direction by the simple observation that it's not going the way you expected.
• It's often just a case of crossed wires. Pull back, take a breath. Next time you come together see where things stand from a WiFi POV.
• Anchor yourself in the present moment and prevent yourself from becoming swept away in thought and emotion.
• Boy have I got problems,"- epitaph, math teacher; "Boy. have I got Projects," - joyful exclamation of Someone Playing In The Infinite.
• It's play if you like what you do. It's work when you MUST play. It's art when you do your best soley because you can.
• Get it down. Lift it up. Pay it forward.
• Be willing to allow Higher Design to speak through you.
• Today is far too immense for just one word and yet it IS both the tomorrow you helped create yesterday, and the only game in town right now.
• Every time you remove a label, look deeper, the world around you feels more alive, fresh and new, and grateful. You broaden the dimension of space.
• Perceiving without interference is the 'looking deeper,' beyond name tags and brand names, without engaging in concepts.
• Being open means not blocking new information trying to reach you with a shield of having all the answers. The seeming contradiction, "Be less so that you may be more," insists on continued inclusion.
• Leave the audience wanting.
--Hoping for that effect, I'll stop here.
In the ideas, special tips and enlightenments expressed above, that worked for countless others, self included, please find inclusive tools, no-strings helping hands, honest contributions - from a gradient sampling of souls, bakers through candlestick makers, the lofty, the lowly, enlightened, even lost, all intending us well. Ponder in good heart,