WELCOME ABOARD the Neverending Ocean Cruise!

Welcome to the deep end,
Glad To Have You Here
...where we find shorter spaces between us.
-- Bobby Ocean

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

WHEN A SONG'S STUCK IN YOUR HEAD...

EVERYBODY SING ALONG!

Dang! I WAS going to leave the previous post up until after the Social Media Marketers Convention in San Diego this weekend. That video is a good calling card.

But this song popped into my head.

The vid's a big deal because it's supposed to remind all my fellow Social Marketing Harry Potters that your video absolutely needs a good, strong, well-planned audio base. Same way you'll pay attention to the meta tags when uploading it, right? Because you want it watched. I have a few spells and potions that enable me to do audio exceptionally well, so practically give the service away as a reliable outsource. Only charge a pittance because my imp develops an appetite.

Hard to keep focused with this song in my head...

Great. Creativity snuck in and 'mingled' with Frivolity and, just like Tribbles, we have all these...well!  LYRICS! All over the place... I'll just have to sneak that 'calling card' into a link somewhere, maybe in the graphic's suitcase. Just as well - I made a new, smaller version for mobile phones anyway.

And I'll get that song OUT of my head by sharing it with you. You know this one, too.

(sung to the music of Wilbert Harrison's "Kansas City")


Starts off with a great groove...
Boom-thit-boom-da-boom-da-boom-da-boom,
da-boom-da-boom-da-boom-da-boom-da-boom, then!

Goin' to San Diego.
San Dee-Eggo Here I come.
Well, I'm GOING to San Diego,
San Diego, wheel or thumb,


 They got a crazy way to network there
And I'm gonna NET me some

I'll be standing in the lobby
In the lobby of The Westin Hotel
    I'll be hanging through seminars,
    With that Social Media Gang of mine,

And my brand new Apple iPad
Plus twenty bucks a day, just to go-o-o online...

Well I might take a train,
I might take a plane,
But if I have to walk,
I'll still arrive insane...

Yes, I'm going to San Diego,
San Diego, here I come.
They're into Social Media Marketing,
and they're groovin' to a different drum.

I can help their videos
Give them the certainty of knowin',
Bobby Ocean audio
That's 'zackly why I'm goin',

So - I tweeted it all over the planet
You know I wouldn't lie
And wrote in my blog
And that's the reason why

I'm going to Sandy Eggo,
San Diego, here I come
They got a plane right to the airport
And a Hotel Shuttle To and From...
--0--


3 comments:

dandmcasas said...

I remember in 1964 or 1965, talking you into smoking to try to lower your voice. We were walking through the streets of Monterey, toward Cannery Row, wearing funky hats.You ended up in the East Bay in the National Guard, and I got drafted, and went to war. I met a relative of yours at the AT&T golf tournament, and I relived
some great old memories. Now years later, I come across your name and thought I would send this note. I hope all is well with you. You were a big part of many great times and memories to the gang in Monterey.
Dave Casas

Unknown said...

Other way around for me, Dave. YOU were a large part of MY growing through those early Monterey Peninsula days...
The relative was my older brother, John. Wr're still close; he visited me here in Marin from Modesto only this morning.
Let's stay in touch and fill in the blanks!

dandmcasas said...

I WAS HAPPY TO SEE THAT YOU ARE STILL INTO ART. YOU HAD SUCH A TALENT. I REMEMBER GOING WITH YOU TO THE HOME OF ELDON DEDINI, IN CARMEL,AND YOU SPENT TIME WITH HIM, AND ALSO GOING THROUGH HIS "MORGUE".
HE HAD A PICTURE OF EVERYTHING THAT
EXISTED. I ALSO REMEMBER THE WORK YOU DID FOR THE DISCOUNT STORE IN SEASIDE. SIR DISCOUNT WAS YOUR MAN IN THE ADDS. THOSE WERE SOME FUN TIMES. JUDY SUMPTER TURNED OUT TO BE ONE OF THE GREATEST PEOPLE ONE COULD EVER IMAGINE. 6 OR SO KIDS, AND NOW A FEW GRANDKIDS, AND HAS BEEN THE POSTMASTER IN A NEARBY CITY FOR QUITE SOME TIME.
MORE STORIES AS THEY COME BACK TO ME, BUT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, JUST LET ME KNOW, IN IF I KNOW YOU'LL KNOW. YA KNOW ?...DAVE